WHAT IS PREMATURE EJACULATION?
Premature ejaculation is uncontrolled ejaculation, either before or immediately after sexual penetration , with minimal sexual stimulation before the time when the individual wishes. This may lead to an unsatisfactory sexual experience for both partners. This may increase the stress that may contribute to the problem.
Premature ejaculation is one of the most common forms of male sexual dysfunction and probably affects every man at some point in life.
WHAT CAUSES P.E?
Most cases of premature ejaculation have no clear cause. With sexual experience and age, men often learn to delay orgasm. Premature ejaculation can occur with a new partner, in some sexual situations, or if a long time has passed since the last ejaculation. Psychological factors such as anxiety, guilt, depression can cause premature ejaculation. In some cases, premature ejaculation may be associated with a medical cause, like hormonal problems, injury or side effect of certain drugs.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS?
The main symptom of premature ejaculation is an uncontrolled ejaculation either before or immediately after the beginning of intercourse. Ejaculation occurs before the person wishes it, with minimal sexual stimulation.
HOW IS THE DIAGNOSIS MADE?
Your doctor will discuss your medical and sexual history and conduct a thorough physical examination. Your doctor may want to talk with your partner. Premature ejaculation can have many causes. So your doctor may order laboratory tests to rule out any other medical problem.
HOW IS IT TREATED?
- In many cases, premature ejaculation resolves itself over time, without the need for medical treatment.
- Relaxation techniques and the use of distraction techniques can help to delay ejaculation.
- Some men, stopping or reducing the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs may improve their ability to control ejaculation.
- Your doctor can recommend specific techniques to help you in delaying ejaculation.
- Other options include using a condom to reduce sensation to the penis or to try a different attitude (as in your back) during intercourse.
- Counseling or behavioral therapy may help to reduce the stress associated with premature ejaculation.
- In modern times is most appropriate to use medication that can significantly delay the ejaculation.